06 Sep Cryosphere Earth Observation data scientist
ARESYS is a R&D oriented company with more than 15 years of history in the field of Remote Sensing and Sensor Networks Solutions. We serve the Space, Defense, Oil&Gas and Automation markets. In our Earth Observation Business Unit we are developing state-of-art solutions for the Space Market especially based on Satellite Synthetic Aperture RADAR technology. We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated Altimetry Processing Engineer to be part of a specialized team to carry on R&D activities aimed at developing innovative processing algorithms for data acquired by satellite radar altimeters.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
· To design scientific algorithms and to develop prototypes to process data acquired by synthetic aperture radar altimeters from raw to geophysical information;
· To provide support for the verification and validation of processing tools on the basis of the algorithm and prototypes developed;
· To model altimeter acquisition from the interaction with the Earth surface to the instrument on-board processing;
· To analyze altimetry data to assess the quality of the altimeter products;
· To provide support in ESA projects related to various satellite radar altimeters (CryoSat, Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich, CRISTAL)
· To write technical documents, project reports and scientific journal papers.
· Good technical understanding of Satellite Radar Altimetry;
· Good technical understanding of RADAR and SAR Systems, or a good Electronical/Telecommunication background to quickly grasp the main feature of our tasks;
· Excellent software development skills in the field of signal processing;
· Strong knowledge of scientific prototyping environments (matlab/python);
· Proved experience in writing technical documents;
· Proficiency in English;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
Education and experience:
· Degree in Electronic/Computer/Telecommunication Engineering;
· At least 3 years of relevant experience in the role;
· Brilliant scholastic resume.
Full Time - permanent