Remote sensing Data scientist
ARESYS is a R&D oriented company with nearly 20 years of history in the field of Remote Sensing and Earth Observation.
In our Data Processing unit we are developing state-of-art software solutions for Synthetic Aperture RADAR (SAR) applications.
The candidate will become a specialist of SAR and RADAR data processing, working on real-life data, proposing innovative efficient and smart processing algorithms to be developed in Python or Matlab.
Our ideal candidate has a proven attitude to analyse complex remote sensing data problems, to identify the most suitable solution through state-of-art literature research and to accurately implement and validate the solutions.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- to design scientific algorithms and to develop prototypes to process data acquired by Synthetic Aperture RADAR from raw to geophysical information;
- to develop and asses the accuracy and performances of the proposed algorithms both on real and simulated data
to analyse and assess the quality of the SAR data products, through definition of proper scientific KPIs;
- to design a proper software solution to be used as input for for the next industrialisation part.
- proven skills in Signal/Image/Sound data processing,
strong knowledge of scientific prototyping environments (Matlab/Python);
- excellent software development skills in the field of signal processing;
- good technical understanding of RADAR and SAR Systems, or a
- good Electronical / Telecommunication background to quickly grasp the main feature of our tasks;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
Education and experience:
Master Degree in Electronic/Computer/Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent scientific titles;
at least 3 years of relevant professional experience;