27 Oct Software Engineer
ARESYS, a spin-off of the Politecnico di Milano founded in 2003, inherits the decades-long experience of the Politecnico di Milano in the field of remote sensing; that is the science of acquiring geophysical information from a distance to study natural phenomena and to map and analyse the earth's crust.
ARESYS is a young and extremely dynamic company, oriented towards research and development and the extreme specialization and training of its Team, which is mostly made up engineers and researchers of excellence.
ARESYS is looking for a motivated and experienced Software Engineer to join the ground based radar application development team.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
· Design and development of libraries in C++ and high-performance scientific applications for radar data processing;
· Testing, debugging, optimization, review and code refactoring;
· Support for the technological evolution of libraries and processing tools;
· Development and integration of new algorithms and processing techniques, working in close contact with the R&D area.
· Ph.D. or Master’s degree in computer engineering, telecommunications or other technical-scientific fields;
· At least 3 years of experience in a similar role;
· Excellent software development skills in the field of digital signal processing;
· In-depth knowledge of C++ language and object-oriented programming (OOP);
· Experience in developing complex software projects in collaboration with small and specialized teams;
· Knowledge of the Visual Studio development environment;
· Knowledge of the Windows operating system;
· Familiarity with collaborative development tools such as Git and SVN;
· Good knowledge of the English language;
The following are preferential:
· Experience in the development of industrial software applications and the main software testing and verification approaches;
· Experience in developing graphic interfaces;
· Knowledge of techniques and tools for parallel programming and HPC;
· Knowledge of Intel MKL and openCV libraries;
· Knowledge of Python, MATLAB, C# languages;
· Knowledge of QT framework;
· Experience with Synthetic Aperture RADAR (SAR) applications;
· Experience in using version control and Continuous Integration (CI) systems;
The following are also required:
· ability to work in a team in a collaborative and proactive way;
· excellent communication and organizational skills;
· ability to tackle even complex technical problems independently;
· availability to travel to customers occasionally.
This position offers a permanent contract. Salary based on skills and experience.