07 Apr Space Software Engineer
ARESYS is a R&D oriented company with more than 15 years of history in the field of Remote Sensing and Sensor Networks Solutions. We serve the Space, Defense, Oil&Gas and Automation markets. In our Earth Observation Business Unit we are developing state-of-art solutions for the Space Market especially based on Satellite Synthetic Aperture RADAR technology. Our expertise includes space missions design, system engineering, operational software development and ground segment support and maintenance activities. We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated Software Engineer to be part of a specialized team for the development of space data application software.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- to design and code in C++ scientific libraries and application with high performances for satellite data processing;
- to test, debug, optimize, review new code;
- to support technological evolution of processing libraries and tools;
- to develop and integrate innovative algorithms and processing techniques together to R&D team.
- strong competences in software development for signal processing;
- excellence knowledge of C\C++ object oriented programming;
- strong knowledge of scientific prototyping environments (Matlab/Python);
- knowledge of techniques and tool for parallel programming (HPC, cloud, …);
- experience in development of complex software projects in small and specialized teams;
- experience in cross-platform (Windows/Linux) software development;
- use of version control and continuous integration (CI) tools;
- proficiency in English;
- (collaborative and proactive) team working and smart working;
- excellent verbal communication and organization skills;
- good knowledge of ESA ECSS standard (as a plus);
- technical understanding of Earth Observation applications and SAR/RADAR Systems (as a plus).
Education and experience:
- PhD or Master Degree in Electronic/Computer/Telecommunication Engineering;
- at least 3 years of relevant experience in the role;
- brilliant scholastic resume.
Contractual offer: full time, permanent
Location: ARESYS, Rome