07 Apr Space Project Manager
ARESYS is a R&D oriented company with more than 15 years of history in the field of Remote Sensing and Sensor Networks Solutions. We serve the Space, Defense, Oil&Gas and Automation markets. In our Earth Observation Business Unit we are developing state-of-art solutions for the Space Market especially based on Satellite Synthetic Aperture RADAR technology. Our expertise includes space missions design, system engineering, operational software development and ground segment support and maintenance activities. We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated Space Project Manager that will take charge of our space and defense projects, directly interacting with our customers and coordinating the development team through all the project phases. The candidate will be based in Rome to directly support our customers located in the area.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- to plan, oversee and lead projects from ideation through to completion;
- to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
- to understand the customers’ requirements and be able to respond effectively with a specific solution or with a plan to meet them;
- to perform or support offer preparation, including preliminary work planning, resource allocations delivery plan and quotation, in tight cooperation with the activity technical leader.
- good project management skills (preferably PMI or PRINCE2 certified);
- good technical understanding of Satellite Earth Observation products/services and applications;
- good technical understanding of RADAR and SAR Systems, or a good Electronical / Telecommunication background to quickly grasp the main feature of our products and services;
- experience in the preparation of a proposal document package for European Space Agency;
- proved experience in writing effective and synthetic commercial offers and commercial presentations tailored for the specific customer needs;
- good knowledge of ESA ECSS standard;
- fluent English is mandatory; French, Spanish and German are considered a plus;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
Education and Experience
- Master Degree in Electronic/Computer/Telecommunication Engineering;
- at least 5 years of relevant experience in the role;
- brilliant academic resume.
Contractual offer: full time, permanent
Location: ARESYS, Rome