07 Apr Space System Engineer
ARESYS is a R&D oriented company with more than 15 years of history in the field of Remote Sensing and Sensor Networks Solutions. We serve the Space, Defense, Oil&Gas and Automation markets. In our Earth Observation Business Unit we are developing state-of-art solutions for the Space Market especially based on Satellite Synthetic Aperture RADAR technology. Our expertise includes space missions design, system engineering, operational software development and ground segment support and maintenance activities. We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated Space System Engineer to be part of a specialized team for the design and development of Earth Observation systems.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- analyze the high-level application/customer requirements and identify design drivers, critical items and select possible candidate solutions;
- lead the trade-offs at system and sub-systems level (spacecraft, payload, ground segment);
- identify the baseline solution and evolve it taking into account the constraints of technical, feasibility and costs;
- evaluate the available hardware and software and lead the necessary activities to reach the required level of technological maturity.
- manage the development, assembly, integration and test of the system components making sure the performance budgets and costs are met;
- interface with the Project Manager and with the Customer as necessary;
- lead the preparation of technical documentation and be the focal point during the intermediate reviews with the sub-contractors and with the Customer.
- good knowledge of ESA ECSS standard;
- knowledge of satellite based Earth Observation systems;
- vertical expertise on one domain (e.g., SAR, antennas, optics, AOCS, …);
- mathematical modeling and prototyping of system performance models;
- use of Matlab/Python
- requirements management tools (e.g., DOORS, ECLIPSE, …);
- proficiency in English;
- (collaborative and proactive) team working and smart working;
- excellent verbal communication and organization skills.
Education and experience:
- PhD or Master Degree in Electronic/Aerospace/Telecommunication Engineering;
- at least 3 years of relevant experience in the role;
- brilliant scholastic resume.
Contractual offer: full time, permanent
Location: ARESYS, Rome